OldSub,
My hub looks just like the pic that jfnar posted. I misunderstood the how the assembly worked. I thought the hub was part of the drum assembly and that they used a spacer to get the right offset of the dual wheel. Apparently the 1-ton front axle is the same whether or not it's a single wheel rear or dual wheel rear, correct?
I'm wanting to keep the dual wheel on the front, so this project is still doable right?
In the end, all the project entails is swapping the drum for a rotor and adding calipers via custom bracket, right? I know I'm making it sound simpler than it really is, but the only parts swap is basically a rotor, caliper, and caliper plate (custom). Then there's the issue with the turn limiter as suggested earlier in this forum, but workable it sounds like.
I'm still wondering what caliper part number to use. Looks like something off of a late 70's Chevy truck.
I'm very interested in this conversion.