| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,179 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 18 | I hear you about milling the head. Part of the reason I was looking at the crank swap was the presence of 2 integrated head 250's in my collection, would have been nice to put the cranks to use without the added expense of a new head and intake system.
One of the reasons I was looking at E85 was its antiknock behavior. Once I pull out the pencils (OK, computer) I should be able to see what I want to do. From what I can find E85 should be OK to run up to the 10:1 area with no additives, particularly since I don't race it or tow with it (that's what the 5.3 truck is for - abuse!). Just looking for silly amounts of fuel economy in my old trucks. | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/09/2009 9:00 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| panic | 12/10/2009 12:29 AM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Scott Danforth | 12/10/2009 3:39 AM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| LGriffin | 12/10/2009 2:42 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/10/2009 5:06 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/10/2009 5:27 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/11/2009 12:38 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/11/2009 1:52 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/11/2009 8:46 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/11/2009 9:33 PM | |
| |
| |