| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (JW51, Gdads51, 52Carl, TrknGMC, Leo, texas46, 1 invisible),
193
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,181 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 18 | I've been doing some thinking about my L6 parts pile. I have 3 complete 250's, one of which is probably good, and a 194. I got looking at the specs and had a bad thought or two. If I put a 250 crank in a 194 then the total length of 1/2 stroke +rod +piston height would be .15in taller than stock. Anyone know what the stock deck height clearance is? With that same combo, if I swapped my 250 head to drop the CR just a bit, it would look like I could run E85 (given it's antiknock properties). Any thoughts?
Here's another - 230 pistons in a 250. Increases the height by about .15 also. And then addd my 194 head. Any thoughts?
Guess I may need to get out the measuring tools and tear one down to see... | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/09/2009 9:00 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| panic | 12/10/2009 12:29 AM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Scott Danforth | 12/10/2009 3:39 AM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| LGriffin | 12/10/2009 2:42 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/10/2009 5:06 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/10/2009 5:27 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/11/2009 12:38 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/11/2009 1:52 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/11/2009 8:46 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/11/2009 9:33 PM | |
| |
| |