| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53),
236
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 18 | The objective is to raise the CR's until E85 can be run efficiently. It has 20% less fuel energy and is 10% lower in price so to be as cost effective I would need to get 10% more power. Given the packaging of the engine the best bet looks to increase the stroke (more time under the expansion curve) and the compression (more pressure in the cylinder).
I have a set of 307's for one of my 250 gas projects, but that won't let me up the stroke.
I'm up on the piston compression heights. What I don't know and haven't been able to find is the nominal quench height (ie how far the piston is down the bore).
Dropping the 250 crank into the 194 would get me more cubes, but what I was really after is a significant boost in compression. The concern is the added stroke will raise the piston .15" up the bore, and I'm not sure if there is enough space for that. If not I might be able to turn down the top assuming there is enough ring land. Ditto with using 230 pistons, the added compression height is exactly equal to the increase of stroke 230 to 250. So if I used the 230 pisons and turn down the outer edges (make them clsoer to flattops) I should be able to pick up the CR.
Last edited by D13; 12/10/2009 5:07 PM.
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/09/2009 9:00 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| panic | 12/10/2009 12:29 AM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Scott Danforth | 12/10/2009 3:39 AM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| LGriffin | 12/10/2009 2:42 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/10/2009 5:06 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/10/2009 5:27 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/11/2009 12:38 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/11/2009 1:52 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| D13 | 12/11/2009 8:46 PM |
Re: Odd six thought - 194, 250 crank, +E85?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 12/11/2009 9:33 PM | |
| |
| |