| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Otto Skorzeny, Woogeroo, Shade Baby, 68ironhead, Jon G, Wally / Montana, 3B, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost),
165
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,197 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 65 old truck heaven | | old truck heaven Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 65 | HI: I just did a swap out on my 1946 1-Ton Chevy panel truck. The rear ends (third member pumpkins) on the Eaton 8 lug full floating rear ends will bolt right in for Chevy 3/4 tons up to 1972. I found a 4.11 through the stove bolt site. The 4.11 gear ratios were used on most trucks with automatic transmissions. There is also the elusive 3.90 gear ratio set out there but impossible to find. There is some sacrifice doing this. The good: You can reach 65 MPH on the freeway with about 2600 RPM and 32" tall rear tires. It bolts right in...you can keep you 8 lug stock wheels & hub caps /tires. The drive shaft stays the same length. The negatives: Going up a hill you MUST use the lower gears, especially with a load. ( I just put 1600 pounds in my panel and had to go home in third gear. The change over cost me $300.00 for the pumpkin plus $260.00 to have it installed. I am glad I did it! Brian | | |
| |
| |