Heya folks. Sorry for being so scarce and out of touch here. Work has has me tied up relentlessly. But I had a question about the front wheel assemblies for my '54 4400 truck. Can anyone tell me what can I use to swap the old, huge (and hopelessly shot) drum brake setup to a disc brake setup? I want to keep the straight axle but the drums are history, and since Im making a hot rod, I want front disc brakes. Is anything compatible with the original spindles? From what it appears, the holes in the ends of the axle aren't any bigger than a regular passenger truck from the same generation. I have seen front disc brake conversion kits for the passenger trucks, but not the big heavy duty trucks. Will one of these work for mine?

Some insight would be MOST appreciated. Thanks in advance folks.

Last edited by Rhyno; 11/25/2009 1:14 AM.