I'm not trying to pick on you either, only answering best I can to the information you provide.

I'll say that I don't care much at all for a truck that's not a truck. But I'll look at most any vehicle, always something to learn and file away for future use.

I too think safety is a big concern, and some of the stuff I've seen on "rat rods" doesn't impress me...

So, back to the question at hand:
Disc brakes on all 4 wheels for a 4400. If you look at the axles and brakes on my 6400 you'll find some rather large (13.5" off the top of my head) disc brakes. I'll even wager that they will stop my truck better than 1/2 ton brakes would.

If you want real disc brakes then these may still be an option?

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-