| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
151
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,289 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 9 | I just aquired a '62 3/4 ton Rat Rod Truck, or at least someone started down that path. The right rear wheel is froze, and I am assuming the brake is hung up. This may be a dumb question, why I haven't found the answer yet, but how do you remove the rear drum on the 3/4 ton axle? I removed the wheel and saw that it looked like the drum is attached to the axle by 6(?) bolts in the center of axle. I removed those bolts and some oil started to drip out. I paniced and put the bolts back in and decided to ask first. I haven't been able to get to the star wheel thru the backing plate. The shock mount appears to be in the way making it difficult to access. Maybe I'm just making this too complicated. At what point do I break out the 3 lb. persuader? Any advise or how-to is appreciated because I've got to get this truck out of my yard (where I dropped it from the trailer), and into the garage (no driveway so I can't just jack it and move it) so the neighbors and village can't complain about the percieved eyesore (right now I call it yard art).
Thanks.
"Gas money give out in Gurnee" Eddie from Christmas Vacation
1962 C20, currently "Yard Art", working to reverse that.
| | |
| |
| |