| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#58001 03/19/2006 11:25 PM | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Thanks for the help. Ill give it a try next Bill. I actually just through some heet in her just in case there was water in the tank, no help.
I have a goofy question now, I thought at first the carb was sucking air through a pinhole(bad gasket etc...) and that was making the problem worse. Cant find any though...
So theoretically, the main throttle linkage goes through the last piece of the carb where she bolts to the intake(also where frost occurs), and the carb rebuild instructions show no o-rings on that linkage, if I added them (making it airtight)would it make a difference? Meaning less surface space for cold air coming into the carb would mean less moisture condensing on different areas of the carb also. Makes sense right?
Also, do they make an aluminum piece for these, aluminum would condense less moisture then steel which is what is on there now.
darn I wish I had a digital camera and could post a few pics of how bad shes frostin up! Guess that just moved up on the priority list!
Thanks again for all the help, Jeff
I just know its gonna be somethin so stupid when I find it to! | | | |
Entire Thread
|
carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| rustednuts | 03/19/2006 5:13 AM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| truckernix | 03/19/2006 5:20 AM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| rustednuts | 03/19/2006 5:31 AM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| Wrenchbender Ret. | 03/19/2006 4:53 PM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| rustednuts | 03/19/2006 6:13 PM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| Wrenchbender Ret. | 03/19/2006 6:25 PM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| 64fleetside | 03/19/2006 6:37 PM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| Flxible | 03/19/2006 7:01 PM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| rustednuts | 03/19/2006 11:25 PM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| carbking | 03/20/2006 12:35 AM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| rustednuts | 03/20/2006 1:15 AM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| Flxible | 03/20/2006 2:20 AM |
Re: carb freezin-heat riser fixed, what now
| resto44 | 03/20/2006 10:54 PM | |
| |
| |