| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,179 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Is anyone out there running a stock 235 with 3.38 gears??
I’m seriously considering a change to a 3.38 ring and pinion to reduce RPM’s at highway speeds of 50 to 60 MPH. My truck currently has a 3.90 rear and I just don’t feel comfortable running for long distances above 2500 RPM. What worries me is how well it will pull away from a stop. I’m currently able to start very easily using my 3.478 to 1 second gear. What I’m hoping is not to have to use the 7.06 to 1 first gear after changing to a 3.38 ring and pinion.
| | |
| |
| |