Seems to me that raising or lowering the torsion bars wouldn't change the ride noticeably,since you aren't changing anything but the height of the anchor point at one end of the bar. Paint a spot on the side of the barat each end of the torsion bar before you adjust,compare before with after and you'll see the same amount of twist,won't you? As soon as I can afford an alignment for mine,I'm going to crank the front up about 3 inches,so the truck'll sit closer to level. About the only other mods I plan to do is to move the bottoming snubbers up a similar amount so as to not slam the torsion bars hard enough to break one if I hit a speed dip too fast or something. All that extra travel would be cool,but,face it,these things are 44 years old now...
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck