sounds like you've covered all the bases. I would like to hear a little ping out of it, but I wouldn't go there with out first doing a compression check. The reason being - Oops I haven't run a 235 in 45 years, that said - the tired 292s I was running wouldn't ping either. The rebuilt 292 I have now does ping, with 10:1 compression it better.

The RPMs sound right, if anything a little high in the torque curve, but I wouldn't bother with it. The distributor is in good shape and the vacuum advance is working.
The carb you are looking at is Rochester Monojet. I replaced the Mod. B on my 292 with a Monojet, I like the carb. The Mod B design is probably 8o years old or better. The Monojet will let you do some tuning the Mod B won't. When you get the Monojet get a carb kit with it so you have some spare gaskets and the diagram on how the carb goes together. re-manufactured are generic rebuilds they work on everything, but don't work great on anything.

If you take the carb apart write down the jet size and the power needle number, I think they put one on the needle, mine are down stairs. Any ways after you get it setup and running you can play with how much gas the engine is getting by adjusting the power needle up or down.
Then another option would be to get Landons Holly/Weber. Tom has been selling them long enough that they should be pretty well dialed in for a 235. If you keep your foot off the secondary the bets on getting better mpg should be better. I don't remember if the $80 includes the 2bbl adapter or not. The have been a lot of post on how well it has worked.
Larry