Hey guys,, Had a thread going on another part of the form.. But then I saw this 60-66 form.. Must be pretty new..? Don't remember seeing it before..
Anyway, I have a 62 c-10 short bed fleetside..
235 with the call out 1 barrel carb and the stock sm420.. I swapped the rear end out for a one legger 12 bolt 3:07 R&P.. Took it off a 69.. Bolted right up pretty much.. Replaced the points with an electronic ignition and running 235/75 R15's.. Pretty much runs like a top but the fuel economy is poor.. Already replaced the carb with a new call out for that year.. But those things are leaky and barbaric even when they are new.
I found a 4 year single barrel carb they made with the same bolt pattern as these single barrel rochesters from the early 60's.. you can get them with the manual or auto choke and they are what they call mono jet carbs made by rochester.. Point being is you can adjust the jet as oppose to having the fixed jets they have in the early 60's models.. Also, the carb seems to be made with better tolorences.. I'm guessing that an additional 12-14 years of carb improvement made these early to mid 70's carbs less leaky and efficient.. I'm sure it will bolt right up to my current mounting.. Already bought the gasket to see if it would match..
Plugging the additional vacuum hoses and maybe having to replace the linkage with a cable should be the only mods..
I was wondering if anyone has ever done this..?

Last edited by Richie Blue; 09/06/2009 10:31 PM.

62 Chevy windshields rock...!!