Originally Posted by 58evinrude
Mobileortho,
If you don't mind repeating yourself, are you saying if I put the stock '76 spindles back on it, the wheels will come in some?
How does it do that?
If it would pull them in some, I'd really like that!
THanks for the reply,
Jason

Yeah Jason, can't remember where I got the info, but that's the way it was explained to me a while back. Take a paperclip and bend it into the shape of a "V". Place the legs on a solid surface and slightly press down on the point. As you do so the legs will spread out. This is the same principle with the control arms. The lower the vehicle the farther the arms stick out. I want a lowered stance but not slammed. I have dropped spindles and cut coils currently installed, but I'm in the process of experimenting with lowered control arms and regular springs.

As far as the Pacer is concerned, I searched high and low for one a couple of years ago but to no avail. It would be good alternative to the Stang and installation looked like it would be fairly simple. Even if you could find a crossmember, locating replacement parts are next to impossible.


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600