Guys,
I've been looking for many months in the gallery, searching posts, google searching, etc.
I have yet to come across someone who has done a suspension swap or front clip swap that kept their truck at the original ride height and wheel spacing.
IS there no such thing?
Is the reason for this lack of information due to the fact that those who go to this much effort want the truck a little lower in order to handle better? IF so, does it handle a LOT better lower? That is, would it just be unsafe feeling at 60mph speeds at the original ride height?
I have a '53gmc in good shape that has a '76 chevy c10 crossmember and suspension on it with drop spindles. It rides good but the wheels stick out of the fenders which I hate, and the control arms are far too low which drag easily on uneven dirt roads which I also hate.
ANy solutions?
I'd like a stock looking truck that I can drive safely down the road with a decently smooth ride. What's the way to go?
Thanks for all the help so far,
Jason