Roger,

I'm ill-equipped to diagnose your engine, as I'm an older truck guy, but . . . I'll throw out these ideas anyway -

- Obvious first question: Are all your cables clean & tight?

- Are you confident your battery is up to snuff? Maybe check the voltage drop at the battery when you try to start it.

- If you pulled the plugs out (removed the compression) and tried to start it, would it spin over well? If not, I would think it would point to something being over-tight, like a main bearing or something, or maybe the clutch is hanging up? . . .

- Of course, I guess the timing could be coincidental, and your starter chose NOW to start dying . . .

Just spit-balling, here . . .

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery