"Professional repair field," I really like that. Like many of you, I made my living with my hands and my tools. When I quit working on cars for a living, I decided to get rid of my two big Snap-On boxes and the special tools one of them contained. An aside here, I worked on German cars. Unless you have been there you will have no idea just how many special tools are required. I bought a new truck with what I got for the boxes and tools. I bought one of the big Craftsman combos for my "smaller" tool set. The bottom chest collapsed in a year! I now use the top box for drills, taps, dies, mics, etc. I bought a big Kobalt combo from Lowes and it is now 4 years old. Time will tell.

Also, for me, as a box gets retired, if it was still usable, it does lighter duty for other stuff. I have an old Dunham box for my carpentry tools, and another old, used box for electrical, etc.

Like MNSmith says, "All boxes are not created equal!"

best wishes,

Les