it shows everyone how little you really know. But, I have run into something I'm not sure of.
When measuring the distance between the inside of the rear spings on my 37 pickup on the front side of the current 54 car rear axle, I got a reading of 44". When measuring that same distance on the rear side of the current car rear axle, I got 44 9/16". How can I interpert that as to tell me where to place my spring perches on the 55 Chevy rear end I want to install under my 37 pickup? Do I split the difference? Or do I grind the perches to fit on the axle crooked?
Next, how do I determine the angle of the pinion without puting the new rear end under the truck, so I can set the perches at the right angle?
I feel like these are big questions that have to be answered before I dare touch anything!
Joe :rolleyes: