I know the standard answer is "it's your truck, do what you want" but I'd like to hear from some various points of view. I'm starting the restoration on a 57 1-ton and I'm undecided about what to use for a bed. It currently has duals and a flat bed but I'm considering changing to single rear wheels and building a stepside bed. I may do a little hauling but this truck will not be a work truck and it will not be a show truck. I've never seen a 9' stepside bed except for photos but I know a lot of people don't like the looks of long beds. I'd like to hear opinions both on appearance and drivability, such as getting around in traffic and handling, etc. Any thoughts and experience you're willing to share will be appreciated.

Jeff


'64 swb stepside (gone)
'57 1 ton
'53 phone truck
'59 swb
'46 1 1/2 ton
'68 swb gmc