The Slave Cylinder for the clutch system resides on the bellhousing. It takes about 20 minutes to rebuild it and then reinstall it. I had to do this on my 61 a couple tears ago. I just pulled it off, ordered a rebuild kit, and put it back in.

The kit consisted of a seal and a new piston. It was like 3 pieces, very simple. Kit was $15 and a new cylinder was $70ish...

That is where I would look. Make sure to bleed the system when you are done...air in the lines = not working!

Also when you bleed the system...put on some eye protection...the system builds a good amount of pressure and the fluid really makes your eyes sting!!

Good Luck,

Kyle


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine