Given my lack of knowlege here, that sort of makes sense. Is there a way to test the set-up OUT of the truck? In otherwords, I have the gauge cluster and the sending units sitting on my work bench. I have a battery charger that I am hooking up like this:
I put the "-" clip from the battery charger to the sending unit mounting flange. I connect the "+" clip from the battery charger to the "+" on the gauge. I run a jumper wire from the sending unit to the "sender" on the gauge.
This has resulted in the gauge always going to empty. When I raise the float arm (even with the proper 0-30 ohm sender) the needle raises VERY slightly.
Am I missing a wire connection somewhere? Do the sender and gauge have to be installed in order to work? I wondered about the resistance of a longer wire from the sender to the gauge?
They say ignorance is bliss but this gauge thing is anything but blissful!
CK