| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Gdads51, Youngin' Tut 59, Phak1, Gray_Ghost, Leo, Oswald, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible),
125
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#54040 12/27/2005 3:32 AM | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 343 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 343 | I will be rebuilding my SM420 4-speed transmission very soon and I would like to get some opinions about what oil I should use in it when it's rebuilt. The Novak site where I ordered my rebuild kit recommends a type GL-4 rated oil from Stalube or Redline, but they do not specify the visosity rating or how much I will need. Does anyone recommend any particular brand and viscosity? How many quarts will I need for my freshly rebuilt SM420? I found a place selling Redline MT90 Manual Transmission Fluid, which is a 75W90 GL-4 for $8.95 a quart. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MT90 The 1954 service manual states that a SAE 50 oil should be used. Any thoughts? Thanks. Jim
1954 GMC 1/2-ton Longbed 1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport
| | |
| |
| |