Well, I have no problems making an adapter if needed. What's the harm in not using an adapter, difficult to fit air cleaner under hood side panel, and linkage changes?

I have a downdraft Zenith with the same bolt pattern, and the 28 manifold is reversible to make it a down draft manifold. I have no idea if the carb is a good match for the engine, but would be easy enough to try, it does have an adjustable main jet.

But a better solution would be something that bolts on with very little modification. This is a car I only take out for parades, an occasional local show, and nothing in the last few years.

If I found a simple to swap and economical carburetor I'd give it a try, but for the use it gets it's not worth spending much money on.
I probably sound really cheap, and sometimes I am. This car is not my priority right now, however I've been talked into dragging it out of the shed and convincing it to run in the next few months.
Just considering my options, remembering the carb was somewhat of a problem last time I played with it.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-