Noticed a leak in my rad today after putting a set of plugs and wires in my 67 c 10...
PO told me it was a 400 eng with a quad jet carb..
on closer inspection and getting under the hood a bit I'm not so sure what the heck is in this truck...
I didn't see a # on the block (not sure where to look really)maybe it was covered by sludge....
I saw firing order 18436572 on the intake...
and the carb looks like a 2bbl to me it says rochester 2 jet ?...I can see where an after market cruise set up is on it...cable and chain ect...
I'm not sure this is not a 350,327,307 whatever...any suggestions on how to know for sure?
I looked at the door tag and the glove box lid has the sticker on it in good cond & very legible...says the truck had a 292 from the factory and based on the vin and info from LMC
was assembled in the Fremont plant in '67..
anyway when looking for plugs in a champion book at AZ I noticed the earliest listing for a factory inst 400 was '70 mod...I used that info for plugs and they didn't fit...base was too big for starters...I think I am going to be in for problems till I can ID what is in this truck...
I still need to replace that radiator too and now I'm not sure if a oem type will still bolt in??? and when I do I don't want to encounter air bubbles or coolant circ probs...
any help is greatly appreciated
tia