FireDriver,
F-body pan is 5.25" deep, truck pan is 8.5". Vette pan is 4.75" deep, but has "bat wings" on the side of it and is 21" wide. Corvette pan is supposed to be the fit for MII front-ends.
Street & Performance is supposed to have LS headers for TF trucks, I looked on their website and it is hard to confirm that.
I haven't gotten that far along. One thing is that I can weld in my mounts wherever, I can use the LSx stock mounts rather than the LS-to-SBC convertor mounts. Maybe I can thusly avoid some of the issues. Can you cut out your SBC mounts and re-do where the motor goes and avoid some of the fitment problems?
I am afraid that my exhaust and transmission will conflict with the frame-mounted power booster.
Have you ordered "How to Swap GM LS-Series Engines into Almost Anything" by Jefferson Bryant? I just got it and it is relatively informative. (Hence the oil pan measurements I can rattle off to you at will.)
Your AC bracket and compressor hits the motor mount or the MII crossmember?
Also, there are two stock trans covers, just FYI, if that helps.
Finally, if I have to notch my frame here and there I can.
What are you doing for fuel (gas tank and pump)? Do you have a return line Vortec or can you just run one line?
Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.