| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
89
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,541 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | I noticed when I rebuilt mine that someone had taken a punch or chisel to the threads. This was pretty common as a way to make sure they didnt come apart in the future. I had to file what I could and work that retainer back and forth with a punch and hammer to remove it. It was a pain in the @ss but I got it off eventually. I imagine you could use some sort of spanner wrench with the clutch gear stuffed in a vice.
Good luck, Jeff | | |
| |
| |