The Push In valve cover cap is made by Mr. Gasket. I got it off a rack at NAPA. The side that sticks into the valve cover is 1" OD and with the Grommet (included) it is 1 1/4", the same as the draft tube opening.
I suspect this is a standard size for valve cover push in caps so the Mr. Gasket one isn't the only one you'll be able to find.
As far as the PCV valve itself goes, I havn't picked exactly which one I'm gonna use. What I'm planning on (unless someone suggests otherwise) is to put a tee in the offenhauser intake manifold and use a screw in PCV valve on one end of the tee. The other end of the tee will get run to a vaccum cannister that will also get vaccum from the dual acting fuel pump. Then I'll run a line from the vaccum canister to the brake booster, after running it through the appropriate filter to keep any errant suspended fuel/oil/crap from getting into my brake booster.
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
|