Hello, all stovebolters! Been reading through the site for some time before actually getting an older truck. It's a '59 Chevy Stepside Apache 31, unless you are looking from the passenger side where someone slapped on a 38 symbol. It's pretty solid, after spending 20 years in Minnesota, it has bondo, but that's more or less expected, I believe. All the drivetrain is currently apart, and everything inside/outside looks good, save for the back cab corners being dented in in what looks like a bed accident. You can find pics/current log here:
'59 Apache Truck Log . I've got a year and a half before I'm sixteen, so plenty of time to weld up new metal, get the engine and drivetrain together, and get it all running. I've been told a few things about it, and would like to know: Is it really true that these trucks will sometimes drop the rear suspension? I really am in doubt, but better safe than sorry.