| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,246 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#49889 09/03/2005 12:27 AM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 197 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 197 | I need some advice on whether to install a 4 speed rather than a 3 speed. My main concern is that my clutch & brake pedal assy bolted right up to the 3 speed (stock '40 GMC). When I found a 228 engine it came with a 4 speed but no place to bolt the clutch/brake pedal assy. Has anyone done this swap before? Do I just need to have some kind of bracket fabricated? I'm dong a frame up on the truck right now and want to get working on the tranny, but which one. I believe the 4 speed is an SM-420(?). Someone posted a link with a picture of one that looks identical to mine in another thread. Thanks for the help and advice. Have a great Labor Day weekend and be safe.
Neil 1940 GMC 1/2 Ton
| | |
| |
| |