| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,383 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 51 | Hi 48 chevy truck dude,
I just would like to know why are you choosing for the old straid axle. If I would have to do it again I would get an IFS because I almost spend as much money with my I-beam as it would have cost with going IFS. CCP 6-lug Disc breakes, CCP Power steering, and all the other parts and now having a very poor ride and problems with bump steer and so on.
OK an IFS would require welding but I think it probably is worth the better ride that I have read about.
| | |
| |
| |