Jerry,

Can you comment a little further about the connection between a lean condition, and overheating in the cylinder? In other words, a lean condition means a fuel/air combination that is too far to the air side, so does air make the combustion burn hotter? This seems counter-intuitive to me . . . (?)

Also, I'm now paranoid about a leaky intake manifold gasket. What is the best way to verify that the proper mixture (what's it called? Stochiometric or something?) is reaching the cylinders? Is there a test for vacuum leaks into the manifold? I'm thinking I heard someone suggest an unlit propane torch held around the manifold would reveal leaks . . . or maybe that's a bad idea . . . ohwell

Thanks as always,

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery