You guys never cease to amaze. Just did my 53 and ran into everything stated. JC said they were 1/4 in and they were obviously 3/16. So I bought the stock from AZ and they tried to sell me on compression fittings, actually insistent about it, so I cleaned up some old unions I had, which worked well. Yep, the rear blocks leaked and had to do some extra cleanup and replace all the copper washers from the HELP rack. Couldn't find a long enough piece for the run to the rear so I bit the bullet for a 25 ft roll rather than splice. It really wasn't a difficult job to bend everything right, but did find the double flares on 3/16 tube to be a bit of a challenge and the line wrenches are a must seating the new flares. AZ had the flex lines in stock too.
All in all it came out good and I figure I have about 25% of the cost of the pre-made set. So, jdl, do what these guys said and you'll be ahead.
my 2 cents
bob