The site says that all of the lines for the '54 year are 1/4'", but my shop manual and my own eyes tell me that only two of the lines are 1/4". The line from the master cylinder to the right frame rail that goes to the line divider, and the one on the rear axle. This has me concerned, as I have been told that if I use the universal pre cut lines with the fittings on them to make my lines up and I have to stop hard, the fittings can blow apart, and the site's description of the lines says that if I go ahead and buy the pre-made ones from JC, it won't work? I don't know if I could get someone to make some lines up and I don't know if I'd have money enough to have someone come get the truck, take it to their shop, and do the brakes there..... Anyone know what to do?


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?