Wow, lots of answers really fast!!! I love this site. I'll give it a try. Wrenchbender Ret. what do yuo suggest using to drive them out? maybe a socket? I am doing this on a 56 3/4 ton longbed. Was going ot go new, but its looking like $300 + for everything. thought if I could save a buck, I would.
I noticed I am missing one wheel cylinder connecting rod. looked everywhere cant find one. got suggestions??
Got a crazy one to tell you too, took off the bed, all that was left was the cross bars under the bed. started to use a bolt cutter to remove the cross bars and evidentally the shackle on one saide was broken and was being held in place by the cross bar, when I cut the bolt, the bar shot straight up, the back of the leaf springs came up above the frame by about 2 feet, the rear of the driveshaft hit the floor and the whole truck shifted foreward enoigh to be only on the front legs of the jackstands. scary stuff. so not the truck is to figure out how to jack up the frame enough to get close to the much higher rear of the leaf springs to put new shackes on.


56 stepside 3/4 ton longbed