Hello fellow Stovebolters! I new around here but not new to AD trucks. I finally got my 1951 1/2 ton truck after almost 15 years of searching. I picked it up from a co worker who was saving it for his 18 year old college bound son. But..his son didnt want it,he wanted a brand new F*** mustang. So, I got it for $1500 after being stored under a carport for 10 years! The carport really protected it from the hot, blazing Texas sun. It took me awhile to figure out what kind of engine I had since the previous owner didnt know either. I found out it has a 235 from the casting numbers on the block.The truck had an engine swap and a 12v conversion from the first owner. As far as the history of the truck,it spent most of its life hauling cattle in a ranch outside Brackettville,Texas.No major damage except for the floor boards are shot and so are cab corners. Next step is to figure out where to start!
Hauling her home from Brackettville to Del Rio,Texas
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/lt1bubble/WhiteWalkmanPix051.jpgShe was heavier than I thought!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/lt1bubble/WhiteWalkmanPix050.jpgPretty solid truck
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/lt1bubble/WhiteWalkmanPix052.jpgOriginal license plate!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/lt1bubble/WhiteWalkmanPix104.jpgInterior pix. I had to gut it since it had mice living inside!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/lt1bubble/WhiteWalkmanPix114.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/lt1bubble/WhiteWalkmanPix118.jpgWill post more pix later