The engine compartment on the small trucks up to about 2 ton is essentially the same, you don't gain any room by using a Bigbolt.
It's a 1 and a half ton. Has a diamond plate welders bed on it right now but that will be replaced.
If you use the late model frame and axles/suspension, then the front wheels will be noticeably outside of the front fenders. Pull a tape and see what it looks like. For that reason among others I don't care much for a late model frame swap in an AD truck.
From what i can see on this truck, the wheels sit almost 6 inches in from the edge of the fender. Even is the wheelbase is noticably wider, with a high offset dually wheel, it should tuck.
How will you use the truck?
Will the supercharger help or hurt those plans?
Grigg
I plan to use it as a hauler for my two car gooseneck trailer. With the two cars and the weight of the trailer it is right around 10k lbs. Add parts, tool and the coolers. We are looking at 12.5k (overshoot to avoid complications).
So I was already planning on an all-wheel disc conversion for that extra stopping power and atleast a 427 to power it. The blower is mainly for show and that little OMPH when needed. A 5000+ lb truck with a 12.5k trailer. Need a bit of horsepower to get up to highways speeds in a relative amount of time.
I'm putting a 454 in a AD 2 ton and my biggest issue is finding headers/exhaust manifolds that will fit between the frame rails. Now I'm thinking about putting a 5.9 cummins diesel in it if I can find one before I figure out the exhaust issues with the big block.
Ever think of ceramic coating the headers and dropping them through the fenders? Outside the frame rails?