I'm working on a chopped up '49 rod project using the 250.
I'm only at the frame / suspension stage, but from what I've found out, the 250 will be more than adequete.
Alot of info can be gained from some sites specializing in chevy 6's. Little to no info on other sites.
http://www.t6racing.org/index.htmlhttp://cliffordperformance.net/http://www.sissellsautomotive.com/The 250 in stock form comes with more horsepower than the 235 (but watch the years)
My '69 250 is rated at 155 hp, vs a 235 at app 116 hp, & that's with a 1 bbl carb., the sprint version is rated at 230 hp !
Mechanics & racers I've talked to say 250-300 hp is an easily attainable goal.
Like the guys said, Leo Santucci's book is also very useful, & a fun read if you're into 6's.
E-mail me with any questions & more info. I have a chart listing the specs on Chevy 6's from '62 - '88. Very informative.
I also got alot of info from the guys on this site- Thanks guys !
Rick.
[email protected]