I've been working on the wife's 58 Burb through the summer, I am behind on posting some pics. The 250 I-6 is the only part of the drivetrain still intact from when we got it. I just picked up a new flywheel & 11 inch clutch (Summit), and aluminum bellhousing (Fall Carlisle) so I can mount the Camaro T5 w/ S10 tailhousing that we picked up locally. We have a 8.5 inch 10 bolt nearly ready to go in, it is running a 3.42 posi ring & pinion. I think it will work well with the 28.5 inch tires but that is based purely on math. I put a used R&P gear set in so we can drive it and get a seat of the pants opinion before putting out money for a new gear set. Still need to switch over to mid-engine mounts, there is a bit more fabrication left to do before it all comes together.

So I am interested in the opinions on this thread. No sense in sinking money into a 4 bbl manifold and headers if the 250 won't push the Burb around. We aren't looking for a hotrod but thought the 250 would out-perform the 235?? I'm pretty sure this motor is running a shaved head as the cylinder pressure is up near 180 psi. Hopefully someone will say that with headers/aftermarket manifold/HEI distributor the 250 will work just fine.

About weight: I've read that the 250 is a bit lighter then the 235. If you add up all the weight savings it could be enough to get the Burb down to 3600 lbs or less: 250 vs 235, T5 vs SM420, monoleaf vs multileaf springs (x4), Al bellhousing vs cast iron, etc. I know I'll be adding weight as it moves toward completion but I've tried to keep it on a diet where I can.