| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,428 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Excuse my ignorance here as I want to make a comment or two but don't know the exact answer. First off is the PInto the same as the Stang II???
When I did my 37 I actually went to a junk yard and pulled the A-arms, springs ect off a 78 MustangII that had a V8 in it because the V8 had heavier springs! I also got the brake booster and rack and pinion to use as cores for news ones at the local parts store. All for less than a $100 but I did the grunt work to take it out. Next: The local parts houses can get the bushings for the Arms and ball joints to. I had a friend weld the cross member in a long with the spring towers to which the A-arms bolted.
Saved a lot of dough. The guy who did the welding used a bare block to also weld me some motor mount brakets to the crossmember and two places on the cross member to bolt my rack and pinion on. Then I ordered rotors with the Chevy bolt pattern to fit on the StangII spindles. The only thing I would change is I also used StangII calibers and I wish I had went ahead and used the bigger GM rotors/calibers....but it still stops pretty nice and it also save me a dollar or two.
This may not have answered your question but I hope it helps in some way. My StangII front end has never gave me any problem. | | |
| |
| |