| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, classicfins, 37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, 1946chevytruck, CandoBrent, 1 invisible),
80
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,661 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 217 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 217 | I personally used a long load rated eye bolt where the second to last head bolt goes and put a grade 8 bolt through a loop in the chain in an unused hole near thermostat. It worked well for me. I wrapped the chain with red rags and duct tape to protect the valve cover. I would consider an engine leveler if you can find one it would make this a one man job. I've seen them in the harbor freight catalog.
I have heard on here of guys hooking the chain directly to the valve assembly also but this scares the hell out of me personally. Or making a sling or hooking onto the intake / exhaust manifold also. there are many different ways to do this but, the way I did required not having to put on the valve cover and the least possibility of damage to the engine.
Good luck. | | |
| |
| |