In my opinion, they are to die for. Well maybe not die for but I am partial to them and think as all these old trucks, they should be saved. For one reason, there just doesn't seem to be as many of them. I watch all the coe's on ebay and they seem to do pretty well. And because of that, I have seen more and more of them that look like they are yanked out of the woods and put up for sale. In many cases they are pretty rough with high price tags attached to them. As you can see my truck is a little earlier than the one you are looking at (I am also partial to the art decos) I restored mine mostly original and a lot of people really seem to appreciate that. Many of them are truned into car haulers and hot rods. There is nothing wrong with that, its whatever you are into. Its a whole lot better than ending up in the crusher. I restored my truck in a garage that had a residential size door hieght. I think the bay was around 22 feet deep. It was tight but workable.
Hope you can get some pictures of the trucks for us.
Good luck.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!