| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,078 Posts1,056,283 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#43729 07/23/2003 1:49 AM | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 101 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 101 | I am replacing the bad GMC 228 in my 51 1-ton with a GMC 302. I need a single pulley harmonic balancer as the double pulley that came with the 302 would hit the radiator. I haven't pulled my 228 harmonic balancer yet but I assume it will fit, although it apparently presses on while the 302 HB bolts on. Does anyone know if the 228 HB will fit the 302?
I've also been told that the harmonic balancer must be balanced to the crank and flywheel and that a machine shop can balance my replacement HB the same as my original. Is this necessary and recommended?
Thanks for your help.
Sidehill Grand Junction, CO | | |
| |
| |