| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,274 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 37 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 37 | When I transferred title I didn't license it because I didn't know what the GVW was plus I wanted to keep it under CDL requirements if needed.
So when I got a copy of the registration it had this truck curb weight @ 9440 and 24000 GVW
The curb weight is probably close but, I looked at the tag in the cab and it states 16000 GVW for this truck.
So what do I license the truck at?
The larger number so I can overload the truck?
What about insurance implications and BTW - what do you guys do for insurance on a rig this size that is non-CDL license required?
Thanks
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Rambos Ride | 06/16/2008 2:07 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| C10 - C90 Bill | 06/16/2008 2:26 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Rambos Ride | 06/16/2008 3:41 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Freq2002 | 06/16/2008 4:10 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| crenwelge | 06/16/2008 4:19 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Rambos Ride | 06/16/2008 5:13 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| HevyHauler | 06/16/2008 5:42 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Mike B | 06/16/2008 2:27 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Rambos Ride | 06/16/2008 3:33 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| dlhenk | 06/16/2008 4:08 AM | |
| |
| |