| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
155
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | My 64 is licensed at 32,000 GVW but I pull a 3 axle equipment trailer and my 14,000 pound excavator with it I load the truck without the trailer to 23,500 to 24,000 the truck weighs 9380 that gives me a good strong 7 ton payload and the truck drives and stops well at that and more but I have found that at just over 8 ton it will not dump. If you push the GVW up to this witch is the high max you must ensure that the brakes are in tip top shape and with constant use I find it necessary to check brake adjustment once a month if I stretch it out to 2 I notice it starts to get a low pedal and dose not stop as well. As far as insurance I have found that Progressive is the best for a dump truck as they have dump truck specific insurance but I am insured commercial it runs about $1400 a year or $700 every 6 months. If you find you have to insure it commercial I would make sure all your friends know and you chase side jobs to make it pay for it’s self $65 to $70 an hour is more than fair for a five yard truck in this area and should go up accordingly as fuel goes up. | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Rambos Ride | 06/16/2008 2:07 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| C10 - C90 Bill | 06/16/2008 2:26 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Rambos Ride | 06/16/2008 3:41 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Freq2002 | 06/16/2008 4:10 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| crenwelge | 06/16/2008 4:19 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Rambos Ride | 06/16/2008 5:13 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| HevyHauler | 06/16/2008 5:42 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Mike B | 06/16/2008 2:27 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| Rambos Ride | 06/16/2008 3:33 AM |
Re: Weight, Licensing and Insurance
| dlhenk | 06/16/2008 4:08 AM | |
| |
| |