I use both Lucas motor and trans additives in my vehicle and have had mixed results. I was leaking burning a pint of oil every thousand miles or so then I added lucas now i don't burn a drop. The one thing I have noticed is my oil became dirty extremely quickly but I sure that is because Lucas sucked all the dirt from the engine and cleaned the system resulting in sooner oil change then usual. I also noticed that my fuel milage dropped about 1 mpg but I loose up to two mpg when my vehicle needs a oil change so I assume that isn't actually lost just need an oil change. So if your engine burns oil or leaks oil I would recommend it. I know a guy who runs it almost straight in a pickup with a cracked blocked and the thing doesn't leak. The transmission additive I put in because I was having troubles holding a 4th gear. My trans would always slip back to third. I put one full bottle in and it has helped it still slips but only when it has been run all day and the trans fluid is warm. So it does help and am I sure if I put another bottle in it would help a little more but I haven't done it yet. This is my own personal experience and this product was recomending to me by a mechanic for what is worth.