You know, I've already been told by a member on this board that me and Chevrolet (published) really do not know anything about tuning. I said nothing until now.
The guy with the 427 in the 55 removed that engine out of what? Probably a Corvette and that Corvette (which is considerably lighter than a 55 TF truck) came equipped with 3/8 fuel line. Typical HP rating for 5/16 fuel line is approximately 250hp and 3/8 for around 375 HP. Most of the V8 engines we install into our trucks are from late 60s to mid 70s vintage, when Chevrolet increased fuel line size to 3/8.
I really don't want to disrespect your opinion and knowledge, but I would really prefer to pull fuel though a 3/8 pickup, as I'm feeding a decently stout SBC engine though a 830cfm Holley and a VictorJr intake. So could you please, if you know of any vendor that can accomodate my needs, before I have a fuel tank company disassemble a stock sender and reassemble it with 3/8 line.
Thank you


Admin for Turbobuick.com
87 GN, and new toy: 1955 Chevy 3200 pickup, soon to have: 383, Cola crank, Childs/Albert 6 inch rods, Brownfield heads, 10:1 KB hypers, CompCam 284 Extreme Energy, Tilton Plate transmission realignment and built Turbo400.