Ok guys and gals you have me wondering now....what is a good ignition curve for a BONE stock 1955 235? The books I have say something like about 2 degrees btdc which dont seem like very much? I guess let me put it like this,

when the ball is centered on the bb,is that TDC

what would be a good initiall setting?
how much mechanical?
how much vacuum?
for a total of?
and what RPM would you want it all in by?

I know from experiance most all engines can be made to perform better whith a better ignition curve set up than the factory had.


1965 chevy c-80 409 5-2 20000 original miles.
1965 chevy c-60 348 5-2 single axle tractor.
1952 chevy p/u 235 4 speed restored.
1965 chevy c-60 couch.
One grouchy wife. FOR SALE....CHEAP!!!!
The future is not what it used to be.....
Have a new pair of metric vise-grips and large metric hammer, can fix anything...