| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,289 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 36 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2008 Posts: 36 | Thanks for all the suggestions. I looked into the trailer wheels and found a few good options that were not too expensive. I'm cheap though and continued looking around the local junk yards. I found a set from a ford truck that had been driven from Oregon to Maine and very little since. From a short distance away the tires look new. Close inspection shows very slight wear and supple crack free sidewalls. Four nearly new tires and wheels for $200 sold me. The wheels are chrome plated which is not what I really wanted but they should accept black paint with a bit of prep. 235/85 R16 Michelin XCX/APT tires are as big as I would want to go. I tried them on with the truck on jack stands where it will remain until my brake parts arrive. The wheel well looks full. I'm curious to see them on the ground. I was warned about tie rod clearance for good reason. I have about a 1/4 inch now. No front fender clearance problems. The tires need to be inserted into the rear wells at an angle. Once in they lift easily onto the hub and fit well with no clearance issues. Total tire height is now 31 inches
Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be searching seasoned opinions again soon. JOSH
Josh '54 3600
| | |
| |
| |