You don't say what is the weight of the truck and trailer combo. I have a 22ft rv with a dry weight of 4700 lbs. Loaded it is approaching 7000lbs which is below the 8000 lb tow rating of my f150. You will definitely need brakes on the trailer. I have made three round trips from Austin to Red River , NM pulling my trailer. I do have the towing package extra cooling for the automatic transmission. Even with that, the transmission temp exceeds 200 deg for a minute or so on a couple of the mountain pulls. Without the extra transmision cooling you might lose your transmission.
Have you thought of renting a 3/4 to diesel truck and a trailer with electric brakes?
If you are interested in seeing a short video of somebody doing exactly what you are considering doing, take a look at this link http://break.com/index/truck-nearly-tips-on-highway.html The driver narrowly escaped losing it after an abrupt lane change. He is carrying a truck , possibly a 1 1/2 ton , on a trailer and towing it with either an f150 or f250. I suspect he had nightmares for at least two weeks. I also expect he had to drive by a car wash and wash out the set of his truck.