Originally Posted by John Milliman
I'd rather have too much truck and trailer than not enough.

I absolutely agree! I don't insist on a dually 1-ton as my tow vehicle, but I can sure tell the difference between the 1-ton I used to have and using the 3/4-ton I replaced it with.

The 1-ton weighed 1,000 pounds more than the 3/4- and gave a much better feeling of control and confidence. The duals in the rear would add more stability and I'm sure help a lot.

I've pulled a loaded trailer with a light truck and no trailer brakes. Worst that has happened to me has been cleaning my shorts after running a red light because I could not stop. I now insist on a truck fully rated to do the job and a trailer with good working brakes.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...